Adobe Photoshop multiple files buffer overflow
|adobe-multiple-files-bo (33838)||High Risk|
Adobe Photoshop is vulnerable to multiple buffer overflows. By creating a specially-crafted BMP, DIB or RLE file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to open the malicious file.
Refer to APSB07-13, APSB07-16, and APSB07-17 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB07-13: Photoshop CS2 and CS3 updates to address security vulnerabilities.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB07-16: Illustrator CS3 update to address potential security vulnerabilities.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB07-17: GoLive 9 update to address potential security vulnerabilities. (CVE-2007-2365)
- Adobe Web site: Photoshop CS3 editions.
- BID-23621: Adobe Photoshop Multiple File Format Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2244: Multiple buffer overflows in Adobe Photoshop CS2 and CS3, Illustrator CS3, and GoLive 9 allow user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted (1) BMP, (2) DIB, or (3) RLE file.
- OSVDB ID: 35370: Adobe Photoshop Document Handling Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 38064: Adobe Multiple Products BMP File Handling Arbitrary Code Execution
- OSVDB ID: 38065: Adobe Multiple Products DIB File Handling Arbitrary Code Execution
- OSVDB ID: 38066: Adobe Multiple Products RLE File Handling Arbitrary Code Execution
- OSVDB ID: 44579: Adobe Multiple Products Crafted BMP File Handling Overflow
- SA25023: Adobe Photoshop BMP.8BI Bitmap File Handling Buffer Overflow
- SA26846: Adobe Illustrator PNG/BMP File Processing Vulnerabilities
- SA26864: Adobe GoLive PNG/BMP File Processing Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1017962: Adobe Photoshop Buffer Overflow in Processing BMP/DIB/RLE Files Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- SECTRACK ID: 1018792: Adobe Illustrator Input Validation Flaws in Processing BMP, DIB, RLE, or PNG Files Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Adobe Photoshop CS2
- Adobe Photoshop CS3
Apr 24, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.