Linksys SPA941 VoIP Phone SIP denial of service
|linksys-spa941-sip-dos (33856)||Medium Risk|
The Linksys SPA941 VoIP Phone firmware is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by improper handling of SIP packets. By sending a specially-crafted SIP packet containing a \377 character, a remote attacker could crash the device.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Apr 24 2007 - 07:34:27 CDT: Linksys SPA941 remote DOS with \377 character.
- Linksys SPA941 VoIP Phone Web site: Linksys.com - Products/Business Solutions/VOIP/Linksys Voice System/SPA941.
- BID-23619: Linksys SPA941 \377 Character Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2270: The Linksys SPA941 VoIP Phone allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device reboot) via a 0377 (0xff) character in the From header, and possibly certain other locations, in a SIP INVITE request.
- OSVDB ID: 34481: Cisco Linksys SPA941 VoIP Phone Malformed SIP INVITE Request DoS
- SA25031: Linksys SPA941 SIP Message Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1017957: Linksys SPA941 Phone Can Be Crashed By Remote Users
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1532: Linksys SPA941 SIP Phone Messages Handling Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Linksys SPA941 5.1.5
Apr 24, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.