Invision Power Board class_upload.php cross-site scripting
|ipb-classupload-xss (33942)||Medium Risk|
Invision Power Board is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the class_upload.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by uploading a specially-crafted image or PDF file containing malicious HTML or script code which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the image is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to Invision Power Services Forums for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Invision Power Services Forums: Possible XSS Issue Addressed in IP.Board.
- CVE-2007-2349: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Invision Power Board (IP.Board) 2.1.x and 2.2.x allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML by uploading crafted images or PDF files.
- OSVDB ID: 35427: IP.Board class_upload.php Image / PDF XSS
- SA25021: Invision Power Board class_upload.php Cross-Site Scripting
- Invision Power Invision Power Board 2.1.x
- Invision Power Invision Power Board 2.2.x
Apr 26, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.