Pi3Web HTTP Server HTTP request denial of service
|pi3web-http-dos (33967)||Medium Risk|
Pi3Web HTTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service when handling HTTP requests. By sending an overly long specially-crafted HTTP request composed of multiple "\A" characters, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Pi3Web (PL2 or later), available from the Pi3 Web page. See References.
- Pi3 Web page: Welcome to Pi3.org.
- BID-23713: Pi3Web Overly Long HTTP Request Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2415: Pi3Web Web Server 2.0.3 PL1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application exit) via a long URI. NOTE: this issue was originally reported as a crash, but the vendor states that the impact is a clean exit in which the server I/O loop finishes and the process exits normally.
- OSVDB ID: 35466: Pi3Web Long URI Request Processing DoS
- SA25009: Pi3Web HTTP Request Processing Denial of Service Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1579: Pi3Web Long HTTP Request Handling Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Holger Zimmermann and John Roy pi3Web 2.0.3 PL1
Apr 30, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.