MicroWorld eScan MWAGENT.EXE security bypass
|escan-mwagent-security-bypass (34009)||Medium Risk|
MicroWorld eScan could allow a local attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by a missing authentication check in the MicroWorld Agent service (MWAGENT.EXE). By sending various commands on TCP port 2222, a local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information, modify settings and execute arbitrary commands on the system with SYSTEM level privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of eScan (Beta 3 or later), available from the MicroWorld Web site. The stable release will be available ASAP. See References.
- MicroWorld Web site: eScan eScan - Complete Antivirus and Content Security Solution for your computer.
- Secunia Research 02/05/2007: eScan Products Agent Service Missing User Authentication.
- BID-23759: EScan Product Agent Service MWAGENT.EXE Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0655: The MicroWorld Agent service (MWAGENT.EXE) in MicroWorld Technologies eScan 8.0.671.1, and possibly other versions, allows remote or local attackers to gain privileges and execute arbitrary commands by connecting directly to TCP port 2222.
- OSVDB ID: 35732: eScan MicroWorld Agent Service (MWAGENT.EXE) Unauthenticated Local Privilege Escalation
- SA23809: eScan Products Agent Service Missing User Authentication
- SECTRACK ID: 1018007: eScan Lack of Authentication Lets Local Users Execute Arbitrary Commands With System Privileges
- MicroWorld eScan 8.0.671.1 and prior
May 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this