DVD Database (DVDdb) loan.php and listmovies.php cross-site scripting
|dvddb-loan-listmovies-xss (34017)||Medium Risk|
DVD Database (DVDdb) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the loan.php and listmovies.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the "movieid" or "s" parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the GlobalMegaCorp Web site. See References.
- GlobalMegaCorp Web site: DVD Database (DVDdb).
- UNSECURED SYSTEMS Wednesday, May 02, 2007: DVDdb XSS vuln. .
- BID-23764: DVDdb Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2499: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in DVDdb 0.6 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the movieid parameter to loan.php or (2) the s parameter to listmovies.php.
- OSVDB ID: 35544: DVDdb loan.php movieid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 35545: DVDdb listmovies.php s Parameter XSS
- SA25127: DVDdb Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- GlobalMegaCorp DVD Database (DVDdb) 0.6 and prior
May 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.