Cisco ASA and PIX SSL VPN denial of service
|cisco-asa-ssl-vpn-dos (34023)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and PIX security appliances are vulnerable to a denial of service caused by a race condition in the SSL VPN HTTP server. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the device to reload and drop all existing connections, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20070502-asa for upgrade information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20070502-asa: Cisco Security Advisory: LDAP and VPN Vulnerabilities in PIX and ASA Appliances.
- BID-23768: Cisco PIX And ASA Appliances Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2464: Race condition in Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and PIX 7.1 before 7.1(2)49 and 7.2 before 7.2(2)19, when using clientless SSL VPNs
- OSVDB ID: 35333: Cisco PIX / ASA Crafted Clientless SSL Connection Race Condition DoS
- SA25109: Cisco PIX and ASA Denial of Service and Security Bypass
- US-CERT VU#337508: Cisco ASA clientless SSL VPN denial of service vulnerability
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance 7.0(2)
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance 7.1
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance 7.2
- Cisco PIX Firewall 7.1
- Cisco PIX Firewall 7.2
May 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this