Office Word Viewer WordViewer.ocx ActiveX control buffer overflow
|word-viewer-ocx-bo (34027)||High Risk|
The Office Word Viewer ActiveX control (WordViewer.ocx) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the DoOleCommand, FTPDownloadFile, FTPUploadFile, HttpUploadFile, GotoPage, Save, or SaveWebFile method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- MoAxB #03: WordViewer.ocx 3.2 multiple methods DoS .
- Office OCX & Office Component Web site: Office Viewer OCX.
- BID-23784: Office OCX WordViewer.OCX Word Viewer ActiveX Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2496: The WordOCX ActiveX control in WordViewer.ocx 188.8.131.52 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (Internet Explorer 7 crash) via a long (1) DoOleCommand, (2) FTPDownloadFile, (3) FTPUploadFile, (4) HttpUploadFile, (5) GotoPage, (6) Save, (7) SaveWebFile, (8) HttpDownloadFile, (9) Open, (10) OpenWebFile, (11) SaveAs, or (12) ShowWordStandardDialog property value.
- OSVDB ID: 34334: Word Viewer OCX ActiveX (WordViewer.ocx) Multiple Method Overflows
- SA25100: Word Viewer OCX ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Office OCX Word Viewer OCX 3.2
May 03, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.