ZoneAlarm Pro vsdatant.sys input buffer denial of service
|zonealarm-vsdatant-inputbuffer-dos (34028)||Medium Risk|
ZoneAlarm Pro is vulnerable to denial of service, caused by improper authentication of user-supplied input by the vsdatant.sys driver. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending specially-crafted commands to the input buffer to cause the system to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.302.000 or later), available from the ZoneAlarm Pro Web site. See References.
- Matousec Transparent Security Advisory 2007-05-01.01: ZoneAlarm Insufficient validation of 'vsdatant' driver input buffer Vulnerability.
- ZoneAlarm Pro Web site: Check Point ZoneAlarm - Internet security products, online safety, software, protection.
- BID-23734: ZoneAlarm VSdatant Driver Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2467: ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5.737.000, 6.1.744.001, and possibly earlier versions and other products, allows local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) by sending malformed data to the vsdatant device driver, which causes an invalid memory access.
- OSVDB ID: 35240: ZoneAlarm Pro vsdatant Driver Local DoS
- SA25064: ZoneAlarm Pro vsdatant Driver Denial of Service
- CheckPoint ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001
- CheckPoint ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.000 Pro
May 01, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.