Axis Camera ActiveX control buffer overflow
|axis-activex-savebmp-bo (34133)||High Risk|
The Axis Camera ActiveX control is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the SaveBMP() method. By creating a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the browser to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to view the malicious Web page and enable the ActiveX control.
Upgrade to the latest version of the Axis Camera ActiveX control (22.214.171.124 or later), available from the Axis Camera ActiveX control Web site. See References.
- Axis Camera ActiveX control Web site: Axis Communications - AXIS Camera Control Support.
- AXIS Communications Security Update: AXIS Camera Control ActiveX Update.
- BID-23816: Axis Camera Control ActiveX Control AxisCamControl.OCX Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2239: Stack-based buffer overflow in the SaveBMP method in the AXIS Camera Control (aka CamImage) ActiveX control before 126.96.36.199 in AxisCamControl.ocx in AXIS 2100, 2110, 2120, 2130 PTZ, 2420, 2420-IR, 2400, 2400+, 2401, 2401+, 2411, and Panorama PTZ allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (Internet Explorer crash) or execute arbitrary code via a long argument.
- OSVDB ID: 35602: AXIS Camera Control (aka CamImage) AxisCamControl.ocx ActiveX SaveBMP Method Overflow
- SA25093: AXIS Camera Control "SaveBMP()" Method Buffer Overflow
- US-CERT VU#355809: Axis Communications CamImage ActiveX control stack buffer overflow
- AXIS 2100 Network Camera 2.39
- AXIS 2110 Network Camera 2.39
- AXIS 2120 Network Camera 2.39
- AXIS 2130 PTZ Network Camera 2.39
- AXIS 2400 Video Server 2.39
- AXIS 2401 Video Server 2.39
- AXIS 2411 Video Server 2.39
- AXIS 2420 Network Camera 2.39
- AXIS 2420-IR Network Camera 2.39
- AXIS Panorama PTZ Camera 2.39
May 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.