Trend Micro ServerProtect AgRpcCln.dll buffer overflow
|serverprotect-agrpccln-bo (34162)||High Risk|
Trend Micro ServerProtect is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the CAgRpcClient::CreateBinding() function in the AgRpcCln.dll library. By sending a specially-crafted RPC request to TCP port 5168, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with elevated privileges.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (ServerProtect 5.58 for Windows Security Patch 3 - Build 1176), available from the Trend Micro Web site. See References.
- Trend Micro Web site: Trend Micro Update Center: Server Protect for Microsoft Windows/Novell NetWare.
- ZDI-07-025: Trend Micro ServerProtect AgRpcCln.dll Stack Overflow Vulnerability.
- BID-23866: Trend Micro ServerProtect EarthAgent.EXE Remote Stack Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-23868: Trend Micro ServerProtect SpntSvc.EXE Remote Stack Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2508: Multiple stack-based buffer overflows in Trend Micro ServerProtect 5.58 before Security Patch 2 Build 1174 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via crafted data to (1) TCP port 5168, which triggers an overflow in the CAgRpcClient::CreateBinding function in the AgRpcCln.dll library in SpntSvc.exe; or (2) TCP port 3628, which triggers an overflow in EarthAgent.exe. NOTE: both issues are reachable via TmRpcSrv.dll.
- CVE-2007-2528: Buffer overflow in AgRpcCln.dll for Trend Micro ServerProtect 5.58 for Windows before Security Patch 3 Build 1176 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors related to RPC requests. NOTE: this is probably a different vulnerability than CVE-2007-2508.
- OSVDB ID: 35789: Trend Micro ServerProtect EarthAgent.exe RPC Request Remote Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 35790: Trend Micro ServerProtect SpntSvc.exe Service AgRpcCln.dll CAgRpcClient::CreateBinding() Function Remote Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 35793: Trend Micro ServerProtect AgRpcCln.dll Unspecified Overflow
- SA25186: Trend Micro ServerProtect Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1018010: Trend Micro ServerProtect Buffer Overflows in EarthAgent and SpntSvc Daemons Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- US-CERT VU#488424: Trend Micro ServerProtect SpntSvc buffer overflow vulnerability
- US-CERT VU#515616: Trend Micro ServerProtect EarthAgent buffer overflow vulnerability
- Trend Micro ServerProtect for Windows 5.58
May 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.