HP Tru64 UNIX dop command privilege escalation
|hp-dop-privilege-escalation (34175)||High Risk|
HP Tru64 UNIX running the dop command, could allow a local authenticated attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with root privileges.
Refer to HPSBTU02211 SSRT071326 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- HP Security Bulletin HPSBTU02211 SSRT071326: HP Tru64 UNIX Running the dop command, Local Execution of Arbitrary Code with Privilege Elevation.
- BID-23881: HP Tru64 DOP Command Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2553: Unspecified vulnerability in dop in HP Tru64 UNIX 5.1B-4, 5.1B-3, and 5.1A PK6 allows local users to gain privileges via a large amount of data in the environment, as demonstrated by a long environment variable.
- OSVDB ID: 36203: HP Tru64 UNIX dop Unspecified Local Privilege Escalation
- SA25197: HP Tru64 UNIX "dop" Command Privilege Escalation
- SECTRACK ID: 1018021: HP Tru64 `dop` Command Lets Local Users Gain Root Privileges
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1715: HP Tru64 UNIX dop Command Unspecified Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Compaq Tru64 5.1a_pk6
- Compaq Tru64 5.1b3
- Compaq Tru64 5.1b4
May 01, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.