Free-SA sprintf and vsprintf buffer overflow
|freesa-sprintf-vsprintf-bo (34218)||Medium Risk|
Free-SA is vulnerable to multiple unspecified buffer overflows in the sprintf() and vsprintf() functions. A remote attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities using unspecified attack vectors to possibly execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service.
Upgrade to the latest version of Free-SA (1.2.2 or later), available from the SourceForge.net: Files Web site. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: Free-SA - File Release Notes and Changelog - File Release Notes and Changelog.
- BID-23924: Free-SA Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2652: Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in Free-SA before 1.2.2 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unspecified vectors involving certain (1) sprintf and (2) vsprintf calls in (a) r_index.c, (b) r_reports.c, (c) r_topsites.c, (d) r_topuser.c, (e) r_typical.c, (f) r_userdatetime.c, and (g) r_users.c in reports/; and (h) w_fs.c, (i) w_internal.c, and (j) w_log_operations.c in work/, probably related to buffer overflows. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 35547: Free-SA Multiple Unspecified Overflows
- xsaper Free-SA 1.2.1 and prior
May 10, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.