GDivX Zenith Player ActiveX control AviFixer buffer overflow
|gdivx-activex-avifixer-bo (34246)||High Risk|
The GDivX Zenith Player ActiveX control is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the AviFixer class. By sending a specially-crafted string, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the browser to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to view a malicious Web page and enable the ActiveX control.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- GDivX Zenith Player Web site: DiVX Player, Avi Player, Global DiVX.
- MoAxB #11 Bonus: GDivX Zenith Player AviFixer Class ActiveX BOF .
- BID-23907: DiVX City Global DiVX Zenith Player AviFixer ActiveX Control Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2601: Buffer overflow in a certain ActiveX control in the GDivX Zenith Player AviFixer class in fix.dll 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long SetInputFile property value.
- OSVDB ID: 36021: GDivX Zenith Player AviFixer ActiveX (fix.dll) SetInputFile Property Overflow
- Michael Saunders GDivX Zenith Player 1.2 and prior
- Michael Saunders GDivX Zenith Player ActiveX control 126.96.36.199
May 09, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.