SonicBB multiple .php scripts path disclosure
|sonicbb-multiple-path-disclosure (34259)||Low Risk|
SonicBB could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the viewforum.php and members.php scripts using an invalid id parameter or to the search.php script to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon May 14 2007 - 07:30:58 CDT: SonicBB version 1.0 Multiple Path Disclosure Vulnerabilities.
- SonicBB Web site: SonicBB.
- CVE-2007-1901: SonicBB 1.0 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via the (1) by parameter to search.php, (2) p parameter to viewforum.php, and the (3) id parameter to (a) viewforum.php or (b) members.php, which reveal the installation path in the resulting error message.
- OSVDB ID: 33906: SonicBB search.php Path Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 34701: SonicBB viewforum.php Path Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 34702: SonicBB viewforum.php id Variable Path Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 34703: SonicBB members.php id Variable Path Disclosure
- SA25279: SonicBB SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- SonicBB SonicBB 1.0
May 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.