IDAutomation Linear Barcode IDAutomationLinear6.dll ActiveX control buffer overflow
|idautomation-idautomationlinear6-bo (34263)||High Risk|
IDAutomation Linear Barcode is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the IDAutomationLinear6.dll ActiveX control. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the SaveEnhWMF() method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of IDAutomation Linear Barcode, available to registered users from the IDAutomation Web site. See References.
- IDAutomation Web site: Barcode ActiveX Control & DLL.
- MoAxB #13: ID Automation Linear Barcode ActiveX Control (IDAutomationLinear6.dll) v. 188.8.131.52 DoS.
- BID-23954: ID Automation Linear Barcode IDAutomationLinear6.DLL ActiveX Control Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2658: Unspecified vulnerability in the ID Automation Linear Barcode 184.108.40.206 ActiveX control in IDAutomationLinear6.dll allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a long argument to the SaveEnhWMF method.
- OSVDB ID: 36020: IDAutomation Linear Barcode ActiveX (IDAutomationLinear6.dll) SaveEnhWMF Method Overflow DoS
- SA25231: IDAutomation Linear Barcode ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- IDAutomation.com IDAutomation Linear Barcode 220.127.116.11 and prior
May 13, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.