BEA WebLogic Server and WebLogic Express SSL port denial of service
|weblogic-ssl-port-dos (34278)||Medium Risk|
The BEA WebLogic Server and WebLogic Express SSL port is vulnerable to a denial of service caused by an error that can occur under certain configurations. A remote attacker could access the SSL port while it is half-closed to cause the port to become inaccessible.
Denial of Service
Refer to BEA07-168.00 for patch and upgrade information. See References.
- BEA07-168.00: An SSL port may be susceptible to a Denial of Service attack.
- BID-23979: Multiple BEA WebLogic Applications Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2704: BEA WebLogic Server 9.0 through 9.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (SSL port unavailability) by accessing a half-closed SSL socket.
- OSVDB ID: 36064: BEA WebLogic Server Half-closed SSL Socket Access DoS
- SA25284: BEA Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1018057: BEA WebLogic Server Multiple Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service, Gain Elevated Privileges
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1815: BEA Products Multiple Security Bypass and Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.0
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.1
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.2
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.2 Express
May 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.