Jetbox CMS formmail.php mail relay
|jetbox-formmail-mail-relay (34292)||Low Risk|
Jetbox CMS could be used as an open mail relay, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the formmail.php script. If register_globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the formmail.php script using the recipient parameter to send anonymous email messages to arbitrary email addresses.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue May 15 2007 - 11:33:06 CDT: Jetbox CMS version 2.1 E-Mail Injection Vulnerability.
- Jetbox CMS Web site: Jetbox CMS v2.1.
- BID-23989: Jetbox CMS Email FormMail.PHP Input Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1898: formmail.php in Jetbox CMS 2.1 allows remote attackers to send arbitrary e-mails (spam) via modified recipient, _SETTINGS[allowed_email_hosts], and subject parameters.
- CVE-2007-2731: CRLF injection vulnerability in formmail.php in Jetbox CMS 2.1 might allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary e-mail headers via LF (%0A) sequences in the subject parameter, a related issue to CVE-2007-1898.
- OSVDB ID: 34088: Jetbox CMS formmail.php Arbitrary Mail Relay
- SECTRACK ID: 1018063: Jetbox CMS Lets Remote Users Inject E-mail to Send Arbitrary E-mail Messages via the System
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1831: Jetbox CMS Multiple Cross Site Scripting and Arbitrary Email Injection Vulnerabilities
- Jetbox Jetbox CMS 2.1
May 15, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.