Caucho Resin multiple path disclosure
|resin-multiple-path-disclosure (34293)||Low Risk|
Caucho Resin could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request when attempting to display .xtp files or open Web applications using special characters to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Caucho Resin (3.1.1 or later), available from the Caucho Technology Web site. See References.
- Cacho Technology Web site: Download.
- Rapid7 Advisory R7-0030: Caucho Resin Multiple Path Disclosure Vulnerabilities.
- BID-23985: Caucho Resin Multiple Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2441: Caucho Resin Professional 3.1.0 and Caucho Resin 3.1.0 and earlier for Windows allows remote attackers to obtain the system path via certain URLs associated with (1) deploying web applications or (2) displaying .xtp files.
- OSVDB ID: 36057: Caucho Resin on Windows Encoded Space (%20) Request Path Disclosure
- SA25286: Caucho Resin Multiple Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1018061: Resin Bugs Lets Remote Users View Files, Determine the Installation Path, and Deny Service
- Caucho Resin 3.1.0 and prior
May 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.