Computer Associates (CA) Brightstor ARCserve Backup caloggerd.exe denial of service
|brightstor-caloggerd-dos (34322)||Medium Risk|
CA Brightstor ARCserve Backup is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a NULL pointer dereference in the camt70.dll library. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted login request containing a NULL hostname value to cause the caloggerd.exe process to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Computer Associates (CA) Brightstor ARCserve Backup, available to users from the CA Brightstor ARCserve Backup Web site. See References.
- CA Brightstor ARCserve Backup Web site: CA ARCserve® Backup - CA -.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed May 16 2007 - 16:56:42 CDT: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup Mediasvr.exe and caloggerd.exe Vulnerabilities.
- BID-24017: Computer Associates BrightStor ARCserve Backup mediasvr caloggerd Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2772: (1) caloggerd.exe (camt70.dll) and (2) mediasvr.exe (catirpc.dll and rwxdr.dll) in CA BrightStor Backup 18.104.22.168 SP2 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL dereference and application crash) via a crafted RPC packet.
- OSVDB ID: 35327: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup caloggerd.exe (camt70.dll) Crafted RPC Packet Remote DoS
- OSVDB ID: 35328: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup mediasvr.exe Crafted RPC Packet Remote DoS
- SA25300: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup Two Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1018076: CA BrightStor ARCserve `Mediasvr.exe` and `caloggerd.exe` Can Be Crashed By Remote Users
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1849: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup Mediasvr and caloggerd Denial of Service Issues
- CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup 22.214.171.124 SP2
May 16, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.