eSyndiCat manage-admins.php unauthorized access
|esyndicat-manageadmins-unauthorized-access (34371)||Medium Risk|
eSyndiCat could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access, caused by a vulnerability in the manage-admins.php script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending form-data to the add parameter to create admin accounts and gain unauthorized access to the application.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 17 2007 - 22:28:22 CDT : eSyndiCat Input Validation Error Vulnerability.
- eSyndiCat Web site: Directory Script, Free Directory Software :: eSyndiCat Directory Software.
- CVE-2007-2785: manage-admins.php in eSyndiCat Pro 1.x allows remote attackers to create additional administrative accounts, and have other unspecified impact, via modified username, new_pass, new_pass2, status, super, and certain other parameters in an add action.
- OSVDB ID: 37521: eSyndiCat manage-admins.php Add Action Unauthorized Admin Account Creation
- Intelliants eSyndiCat 1.x
May 17, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this