Wordpress admin-ajax.php SQL injection
|wordpress-adminajax-sql-injection (34399)||Medium Risk|
Wordpress is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the admin-ajax.php script using the cookie parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of Wordpress (2.2 or later), available from the Wordpress Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 21 2007 - 07:20:03 CDT : [waraxe-2007-SA#050] - Sql Injection in WordPress 2.1.3.
- Wordpress Web site: WordPress:Download.
- Wordpress Web site: WordPress › Blog Tool and Weblog Platform.
- BID-24076: Wordpress Admin-Ajax.PHP SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2821: SQL injection vulnerability in wp-admin/admin-ajax.php in WordPress before 2.2 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the cookie parameter.
- DSA-1502: wordpress -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 36311: WordPress wp-admin/admin-ajax.php cookie Parameter SQL Injection
- SA25345: WordPress "admin-ajax.php" SQL Injection
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1889: WordPress cookie Parameter Handling Remote SQL Query Injection Vulnerability
- Debian Debian Linux 4.0
- WordPress WordPress 2.1.3
May 21, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.