RM EasyMail Plus login script cross-site scripting
|rmeasymail-login-xss (34406)||Medium Risk|
RM EasyMail Plus is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login form. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the "s" or "d" field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- RedLevel Security Advisory May 6th, 2007: RM EasyMail Plus - Cross-Site Scripting Exploit.
- RM EasyMail Plus Web site: RM EasyMail Plus.
- CVE-2007-2802: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in cp/ps/Main/login/Login in RM EasyMail Plus allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the d parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 36254: RM EasyMail Plus cp/ps/Main/login/Login d Parameter XSS
- SA25326: RM EasyMail Plus "d" Cross-Site Scripting and Script Insertion
- RM RM EasyMail Plus
May 06, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this