OPeNDAP BES and Hyrax compressed file code execution
|opendap-beshyrax-compressed-code-execution (34408)||High Risk|
OPeNDAP BES and Hyrax could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an unspecified vulnerability when processing compressed files. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload files and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of OPeNDAP BES (3.5.0 or later) or OPeNDAP Hyrax (1.2.1 or later), available from the OPeNDAP Web Site. See References.
- OPeNDAP Web Site: OPeNDAP Data Server Security Information.
- BID-24055: OPeNDAP BES Compressed Files Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2769: BES before 3.5.0 in OPeNDAP 4 (Hydrax) before 1.2.1 does not properly handle compressed files, which allows remote attackers to upload arbitrary files or execute arbitrary commands via a crafted compressed file.
- OSVDB ID: 35487: OPeNDAP BES Crafted Compressed File Arbitrary File Execution
- SA25319: OPeNDAP BES Software File Enumeration and Command Execution Vulnerabilities
- US-CERT VU#659148: OPeNDAP arbitrary command execution vulnerability
- OPeNDAP OPeNDAP BES prior to 3.5.0
- OPeNDAP OPeNDAP Hyrax prior to 1.2.1
May 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.