LeadTools ISIS ActiveX control buffer overflow
|leadtools-isis-activex-bo (34437)||High Risk|
The LeadTools ISIS ActiveX control (ltisi14E.ocx) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- LEAD Technologies, Inc. Web site: Programming Document Scanning Software: ISIS Scanning, Image Scanning, Picture Scanning, Document Scanning and Conversion.
- MoAxB #22: LeadTools ISIS Control (ltisi14E.ocx v. 220.127.116.11) Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit.
- BID-24093: LeadTools ISIS Control Ltisi14E.OCX ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2827: Heap-based buffer overflow in LEAD Technologies LEADTOOLS ISIS ActiveX Control (ltisi14E.ocx) 18.104.22.168 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long DriverName property.
- OSVDB ID: 36032: LEADTOOLS ISIS ActiveX (ltisi14E.ocx) DriverName Propery Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 36043: LEADTOOLS LEAD Raster ISIS Object ActiveX (LTRIS14e.DLL) DriverName Property Overflow
- SA25349: LEADTOOLS LEAD ISIS Control ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- LEAD Technologies LeadTools Document Imaging SDK
- LEAD Technologies LeadTools Document Imaging Suite
- LEAD Technologies LeadTools ISIS ActiveX control 22.214.171.124
- LEAD Technologies LeadTools Medical Imaging SDK
- LEAD Technologies LeadTools Medical Imaging Suite SDK
May 22, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.