LeadTools Raster ISIS Object ActiveX control buffer overflow
|leadtools-ltris14e-bo (34528)||High Risk|
The LeadTools Raster ISIS Object (LTRIS14e.DLL) ActiveX control is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when handling the DriverName property. By creating a specially-crafted Web page containing a malicious DriverName property, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system, once the Web page is opened and the ActiveX control is enabled.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- LeadTools Web site: Imaging SDK: Raster Imaging Developer SDK:.
- MoAxB #27: LeadTools Raster ISIS Object (LTRIS14e.DLL v. 220.127.116.11) Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit .
- BID-24193: LeadTools Raster ISIS Object LTRIS14e.DLL ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2980: Heap-based buffer overflow in a certain ActiveX control in LEADTOOLS LEAD Raster ISIS Object (LTRIS14e.DLL) 18.104.22.168 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (Internet Explorer crash) or execute arbitrary code via a long DriverName property, a different ActiveX control than CVE-2007-2827.
- OSVDB ID: 36043: LEADTOOLS LEAD Raster ISIS Object ActiveX (LTRIS14e.DLL) DriverName Property Overflow
- SA25433: LEADTOOLS LEAD Raster ISIS Object ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1972: LEADTOOLS Raster ISIS Object DriverName() Method Code Execution Vulneability
- LEAD Technologies LeadTools Raster ISIS Object ActiveX 22.214.171.124
May 27, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.