phpPgAdmin redirect.php cross-site scripting
|phppgadmin-redirect-xss (34550)||Medium Risk|
phpPgAdmin is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts including the redirect.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using encoded script tags to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun May 27 2007 - 08:30:07 CDT: phpPgAdmin Multiple XSS Vulnerabilities.
- phpPgAdmin Web site: phpPgAdmin :: Web Based PostgreSQL Administration Tool.
- BID-24182: phpPgAdmin Redirect.PHP Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5728: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in phpPgAdmin 3.5 to 4.1.1, and possibly 4.1.2, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via certain input available in PHP_SELF in (1) redirect.php, possibly related to (2) login.php, different vectors than CVE-2007-2865.
- DSA-1693: phppgadmin -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 36699: phpPgAdmin redirect.php URL XSS
- OSVDB ID: 40432: phpPgAdmin redirect.php url Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA25446: phpPgAdmin login.php Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SUSE-SR:2007:024: SUSE Security Summary Report
- Debian Debian Linux 4.0
- phpPgAdmin Project phpPgAdmin 3.5 to 4.1.1
May 27, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.