Inout Search Engine admin/create_engine.php code execution
|inout-searchengine-create-code-execution (34563)||High Risk|
The Inout Search Engine could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a vulnerability in the admin/create_engine.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a specially-crafted URL request to the admin/create_engine.php script to execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 28 2007 - 11:03:59 CDT : Inout Meta Searh engine Remote Code Execution.
- Inout Search Engine Web site: Inout Scripts, Inout Mailing List Manager, Inout Search Engine.
- BID-24189: Inout Metasearch Engine Create_Engine.PHP Remote PHP Code Execution Vulnerability
- BID-24199: Inout Metasearch Engine Cookie Forgery Remote Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2988: A certain admin script in Inout Meta Search Engine sends a redirect to the web browser but does not exit when administrative credentials are missing, which allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code, as demonstrated by a request to admin/create_engine.php followed by a request to admin/generate_tabs.php.
- OSVDB ID: 42034: Inout Meta Search Engine Failed Admin Auth Redirect PHP Code Injection
- inoutscripts.com Inout Search Engine
May 28, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.