F-Secure Policy Manager Server fsmsh.dll denial of service
|fsecure-policymanager-fsmsh-dos (34584)||Medium Risk|
The F-Secure Policy Manager Server is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in the fsmsh.dll library. An authenticated remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a specially-crafted URL request containing NTFS keywords to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to F-Secure Security Bulletin FSC-2007-4 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- F-Secure Security Bulletin FSC-2007-4: Denial of service vulnerability in F-Secure Policy Manager Server host module.
- BID-24233: F-Secure Policy Manager FSMSH.DLL Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2964: The fsmsh.dll host module in F-Secure Policy Manager Server 7.00 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via NTFS reserved words in filenames in URLs.
- OSVDB ID: 36723: F-Secure Policy Manager Server fsmsh.dll Host Module Remote DoS
- SA25449: F-Secure Policy Manager Server Host Module Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1018149: F-Secure Policy Manager fsmsh.dll Lets Remote Users Deny Service With NTFS Reserved Words
- F-Secure Policy Manager 7.0 and prior
May 29, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.