EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX control buffer overflow
|edraw-viewer-httpdownloadfile-bo (34590)||High Risk|
The EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX control (edrawofficeviewer.ocx) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the HttpDownloadFile function. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- EDraw Office Viewer Component Web site: Web Office - Create Office Online Application with Office OCX, Free Download.
- MoAxB #29: EDraw Office Viewer Component (edrawofficeviewer.ocx v. 22.214.171.124) Denial of Service Exploit .
- BID-24229: EDraw Office Viewer Component EDrawOfficeViewer.OCX ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-3169: Buffer overflow in a certain ActiveX control in the EDraw Office Viewer Component (edrawofficeviewer.ocx) 126.96.36.199, and other versions before 5.0, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (Internet Explorer 7 crash) or execute arbitrary code via a long first argument to the HttpDownloadFile method.
- OSVDB ID: 36045: EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX (edrawofficeviewer.ocx) HttpDownloadFile Method Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 38832: EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX (officeviewer.ocx) HttpDownloadFileToTempDir Method Overflow
- SA25418: EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX Control Insecure Method and Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Office OCX EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX 188.8.131.52
May 29, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.