Authentium Command Antivirus ActiveX control buffer overflow
|authentium-command-antivirus-activex-bo (34657)||High Risk|
The Authentium Command Antivirus (odapi.dll) ActiveX control is vulnerable to multiple buffer overflows. By creating a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system, once the Web page is opened and the ActiveX control is enabled.
Upgrade to the latest version of Authentium Command Antivirus (4.93.8 or later), available from the Authentium Command Antivirus Web site. See References.
- Authentium Command Antivirus Web site: Authentium | Customer Service and Support Portal | Updates and Upgrades.
- BID-24255: Authentium Command Antivirus ActiveX Control ODAPI.DLL Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2917: Multiple buffer overflows in a certain ActiveX control in odapi.dll in Authentium Command Antivirus before 4.93.8 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 36801: Authentium Command Antivirus odapi.dll ActiveX Multiple Unspecified Overflows
- SA25500: Authentium Command Antivirus ActiveX Controls Buffer Overflows
- US-CERT VU#563401: Authentium Command Antivirus odapi.dll multiple ActiveX buffer overflows
- Authentium Authentium Command Antivirus prior to 4.93.8
May 30, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.