SafeNet High Assurance Remote IPSecDrv.sys denial of service
|safenet-ipsecdrv-dos (34775)||Medium Risk|
SafeNet High Assurance Remote is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the IPSecDrv.sys. By sending a malformed IPV6 packet, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause an infinite loop and consume all available CPU resources, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri Jun 08 2007 - 08:02:08 CDT: SafeNET High Assurance Remote/SoftRemote (IPSecDrv.sys) remote DoS.
- SafeNET Web site: High Assurance VPN Remote Access Software.
- BID-24385: SafeNET High Assurance Remote and SoftRemote IPSecDrv.SYS Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-3157: IPSecDrv.sys 10.4.0.12 in SafeNET High Assurance Remote 1.4.0 Build 12, and SoftRemote, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and system hang) via an invalid packet with certain bytes in an option header, possibly related to the IPv6 support for IPSec.
- OSVDB ID: 37137: SafeNet Multiple Products IPSecDrv.sys Crafted Packet Remote DoS
- SA25574: SafeNet Products "IPSecDrv.sys" IPv6 Support Denial of Service
- RedHat Linux
- SafeNet High Assurance Remote and SoftRemote 10.4.0.12
Jun 08, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.