3Com OfficeConnect Router tk cross-site scripting
|3com-officeconnect-tk-xss (34776)||Medium Risk|
3Com OfficeConnect routers are vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the management interface. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the tk parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- 3Com OfficeConnect Router Web site: Welcome to 3Com Corporation.
- Secunia Research 08/06/2007: 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router Cross-Site Scripting.
- BID-24374: 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router Tk Parameter Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-3974: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in cgi-bin/admin in 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router with firmware 1.04-168 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the tk parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 36888: 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router tk Parameter XSS
- SA21255: 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router Cross-Site Scripting
- 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router 1.04_168
Jun 08, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.