Papoo CMS multiple cross-site scripting
|papoo-multiple-xss (34888)||Medium Risk|
Papoo CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various methods to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch available from the Papoo CMS Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jun 15 2007 - 14:26:25 CDT: Papoo CMS - Multiple Cross Site Scripting.
- Papoo CMS Web site: Papoo CMS.
- BID-24494: Papoo CMS Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-3269: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Papoo Light 3.6 before 20070611 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the URI in a GET request or (2) the Title field of a visitor comment, and (3) allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a message to another user. NOTE: vector (2) might overlap CVE-2006-3571.1.
- OSVDB ID: 37544: Papoo CMS GET Request URI XSS
- OSVDB ID: 37545: Papoo CMS Visitor Comment TItle Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 37546: Papoo CMS Internal Mail Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA25708: Papoo CMS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Papoo Papoo CMS 3.6
Jun 15, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.