NCTAudioEditor2 ActiveX control (NCTWMAFile2.dll) CreateFile file overwrite
|nctaudioeditor-createfile-file-overwrite (35018)||High Risk|
The NCTAudioEditor2 ActiveX control (NCTWMAFile2.dll) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system, caused by a vulnerability in the CreateFile function. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site and enable the ActiveX control, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- NCTAudioEditor2 ActiveX control Web site: Welcome to NCT Company Ltd..
- BID-24613: NCTsoft NCTAudioFile2 ActiveX Control NCTWMAFILE2.DLL Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-3400: The NCTAudioEditor2 ActiveX control in NCTWMAFile2.dll 18.104.22.168, as distributed in NCTAudioEditor and NCTAudioStudio 2.7, allows remote attackers to overwrite arbitrary files via the CreateFile method.
- OSVDB ID: 37673: NCTAudioStudio NCTWavChunksEditor2 ActiveX (NCTWavChunksEditor2.dll) CreateFile() Method Arbitrary File Manipulation
- OSVDB ID: 37674: NCTsoft Multiple Products NCTAudioEditor2 ActiveX (NCTWMAFile2.dll) CreateFile Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA25825: NCTsoft Products NCTWMAFile2 ActiveX Control "CreateFile()" Insecure Method
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-2351: NCTAudioEditor and NCTAudioStudio CreateFile() Remote File Manipulation Issue
- Online Media Technologies NCTAudioEditor2 ActiveX control 22.214.171.124
Jun 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.