phpVideoPro sess_id cross-site scripting
|phpvideopro-sessid-xss (35120)||Medium Risk|
phpVideoPro is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by unspecified scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the sess_id parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpVideoPro (0.8.8 or later), available from the phpVideoPro Web site. See References.
- PhpVideoPro v0.8.8 @ PVP_Dev: ChangeLog 0.8.8 (June 26, 2007) - fixed vulnerability: SessionID was used to inject code.
- phpVideoPro Web site: SourceForge.net: phpVideoPro.
- BID-24644: PHPVideoPro Unspecified Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-3596: inc/vul_check.inc in phpVideoPro before 0.8.8 permits non-alphanumeric characters in the sess_id parameter, which has unknown impact and remote attack vectors, probably cross-site scripting (XSS).
- OSVDB ID: 36349: phpVideoPro inc/vul_check.inc sess_id Parameter XSS
- SA25815: phpVideoPro "sess_id" Cross-Site Scripting
- phpVideoPro phpVideoPro prior to 0.8.8
Jun 26, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.