EnjoySAP kweditcontrol.kwedit.1 ActiveX control buffer overflow
|enjoysap-kweditcontrolkwedit1-bo (35267)||High Risk|
The EnjoySAP kweditcontrol.kwedit.1 ActiveX control is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the PrepareToPostHTML function. By persuading the victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the browser to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of EnjoySAP (7/19/2007 or later), available from the EnjoySAP FTP Web site. See References.
- EnjoySAP Web site: SAP - Business Software Solutions Applications and Services.
- BID-24772: SAP EnjoySAP KWEdit.DLL ActiveX Control Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-24776: EnjoySAP Multiple ActiveX Controls Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-3605: Stack-based buffer overflow in the kweditcontrol.kwedit.1 ActiveX control in FrontEnd\SapGui\kwedit.dll in the EnjoySAP SAP GUI allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long argument to the PrepareToPostHTML function.
- OSVDB ID: 37690: EnjoySAP SAP GUI kweditcontrol.kwedit.1 ActiveX (kwedit.dll) PrepareToPostHTML Function Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA25959: EnjoySAP Two ActiveX Controls Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- SAP EnjoySAP
Jul 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.