SecureBlackbox PGPBBox.dll ActiveX control data manipulation
|secureblackbox-pgpbbox-data-manipulation (35368)||Low Risk|
SecureBlackbox could allow a remote attacker to manipulate data, caused by improper checking by the PGPBBox.dll ActiveX control. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the SaveToFile method to write arbitrary data on the system.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- SecureBlackbox Web site: SecureBlackbox.
- BID-24882: EldoS SecureBlackbox PGPBBox.dll ActiveX Control Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-3785: Absolute path traversal vulnerability in a certain ActiveX control in PGPBBox.dll in EldoS SecureBlackbox (sbb) 220.127.116.11 allows remote attackers to create or overwrite arbitrary files via a full pathname in the argument to the SaveToFile method. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 39748: EldoS SecureBlackbox (sbb) PGPBBox.dll ActiveX SaveToFile Method Traversal Arbitrary File Manipulation
- EldoS Corporation SecureBlackbox 18.104.22.168
- Microsoft Windows Vista
Jul 12, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.