SurgeFTP PASV denial of service
|surgeftp-pasv-dos (35376)||Medium Risk|
SurgeFTP is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability when handling PASV commands. By sending a specially-crafted PASV command, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to crash the server.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of SurgeFTP (7/12/2007 or later), available from the SurgeFTP Web site. See References.
- Portcullis Security Advisory 06-061: SurgeFTP 2.3a1 - Denial Of Service.
- SurgeFTP Web site: SurgeFTP -- Unix/Windows Ftp Server Software.
- BID-24892: NetWin SurgeFTP Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-3768: The mirror mechanism in SurgeFTP 2.3a1 allows user-assisted, remote FTP servers to cause a denial of service (restart) via a malformed response to a PASV command.
- OSVDB ID: 37909: NetWin SurgeFTP Mirror Mechanism PASV Response DoS
- SA26061: SurgeFTP Denial of Service and Script Insertion Vulnerability
- NetWin SurgeFTP Server 2.3a1
Jul 12, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this