SiteScape Forum login cross-site scripting
|sitescape-login-xss (35395)||Medium Risk|
SiteScape Forum is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login form. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the username field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of SiteScape Forum (7.3 or later), available from the SiteScape Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri Jul 13 2007 - 02:14:14 CDT: SiteScape forum prior 7.3 Cross Site Scripting.
- SICHERHEITSLUCKEN Web site: SiteScape Forum bis 7.3 Cross Site Scripting.
- SiteScape Forum Web site: SITESCAPE MAKES TEAM COLLABORATION WORK..
- BID-24893: SiteScape Forum Multiple Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-3807: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in SiteScape Forum before 7.3 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the user name field in the login procedure, and other unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 36844: SiteScape Forum Login Procedure user name Multiple XSS
- SA26065: SiteScape Forum Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SiteScape SiteScape Forum prior to 7.3
Jul 13, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.