Ipswitch WS_FTP Server FTP Log Server denial of service
|ipswitch-ftplogserver-dos (35396)||Medium Risk|
Ipswitch WS_FTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in the FTP Log Server (ftplogsrv.exe). By sending multiple specially-crafted datagrams to UDP port 5151, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of WS_FTP Server (6.1 or later), available from the Ipswitch Web site. See References.
- Ipswitch Web site: Release Notes for WS_FTP Server 6.1.1 and WS_FTP Server 6.1.1 with SSH, Fixed in 6.1.
- Ipswitch WS_FTP Server Web site: WS_FTP Server 2007 - FTP Server for Windows.
- VDA Labs Web site: IPSwitch WS_FTP Logging Server Remote Denial of Service.
- CVE-2007-3823: The Logging Server (Logsrv.exe) in IPSwitch WS_FTP 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) by sending a crafted packet containing a long string to port 5151/udp.
- OSVDB ID: 36218: WS_FTP Logging Server (Logsrv.exe) Crafted Packet Remote DoS
- OSVDB ID: 41100: WS_FTP Server FTP Log Server UDP Packet Handling Remote DoS
- SA26040: Ipswitch WS_FTP Server FTP Log Server Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Ipswitch FTP Log Server 188.8.131.52
- Ipswitch FTP Log Server 184.108.40.206
- Ipswitch WS_FTP Server 6
Jul 11, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.