DokuWiki UTF-8 encoded spell checking cross-site scripting
|dokuwiki-spellchecker-xss (35501)||Medium Risk|
DokuWiki is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the pell_utf8test function in lib/exe/spellcheck.php when performing spell checking on UTF-8 encoded messages and used in conjunction with Microsoft Internet Explorer. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the Content-Header to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of DokuWiki (2007-06-26b or later), available from the DokuWiki Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jul 19 2007 - 09:49:24 CDT: DokuWiki suffers XSS.
- DokuWiki [splitbrain.org] Web site: DokuWiki.
- BID-24973: DokuWiki Spell_UTF8Test Function HTML Injection Vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 38319: DokuWiki lib/exe/spellcheck.php spell_utf8test() Function XSS
- SA26150: DokuWiki "spell_utf8test()" Cross-Site Scripting
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-2617: DokuWiki spell_utf8test() Function Client-Side Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Andreas Gohr DokuWiki prior to 2007-06-26b
Jul 19, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.