Clever Internet ActiveX Suite GetToFile file overwrite
|cleverinternet-gettofile-file-overwrite (35590)||High Risk|
The Clever Internet ActiveX Suite (CLINETSUITEX6.OCX) ActiveX control could allow a remote attacker to overwrite and create arbitrary files on the system, caused by a vulnerability in the GetToFile function. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overwrite or create arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Clever Internet ActiveX Suite Web site: Clever Components - News.
- BID-25063: Clever Internet ActiveX Suite CLINetSuiteX6.OCX Arbitrary File Download Or Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4067: Absolute path traversal vulnerability in the clInetSuiteX6.clWebDav ActiveX control in CLINETSUITEX6.OCX in Clever Internet ActiveX Suite 6.2 allows remote attackers to create or overwrite arbitrary files via a full pathname in the second argument to the GetToFile method. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 37700: Clever Internet ActiveX Suite clInetSuiteX6.clWebDav ActiveX (CLINETSUITEX6.OCX) GetToFile Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA26213: Clever Internet ActiveX Suite clWebDav ActiveX Control Insecure Method
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-2659: Clever Internet ActiveX Suite GetToFile() Method File Download Vulnerability
- Clever Componets Clever Internet ActiveX Suite 6.2
Jul 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.