IndexScript show_cat.php SQL injection
|indexscript-showcat-sql-injection (35592)||Medium Risk|
IndexScript is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the show_cat.php script using the cat_id parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (utils-v2.8.zip or utils-v2.7.zip), available from the IndexScript Forum. See References.
- IndexScript Forum, 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM: indexscript sql injection hole fix.
- IndexScript Web site: IndexScript home.
- BID-25064: IndexScript Show_cat.PHP SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4069: SQL injection vulnerability in show_cat.php in IndexScript 2.8 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the cat_id parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 36285: IndexScript show_cat.php cat_id Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 46989: IndexScript include/utils.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- SA26218: IndexScript "cat_id" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-2696: IndexScript cat_id Parameter Processing Remote SQL Injection Vulnerability
- IndexScript.com IndexScript 2.8 and prior
Jul 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.