MLDonkey network modules security bypass
|mldonkey-modules-security-bypass (35656)||Medium Risk|
MLDonkey could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the loading of files in $MLDONKEY/web_infos/* after the network modules have started. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and allow other users to connect from blocked IP addresses for a limited time.
Upgrade to the latest version of MLDonkey (2.9.0 or later), available from SourceForge.net : Files. See References.
- SourceForge.net : Files: MLDonkey - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: 2.9.0.
- BID-25093: MLDonkey Country-Based IP Blocking Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4100: MLDonkey before 2.9.0 does not load certain code from $MLDONKEY/web_infos/ before the network modules become active, which allows remote attackers to bypass the IP blocklist.
- OSVDB ID: 38626: MLDonkey Network Modules IP Blocking Weakness
- SA26230: MLDonkey Network Modules IP Blocking Weakness
- MLDonkey MLDonkey prior to 2.9.0
Jul 27, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this