ZyXEL ZyWALL and ZyNOS management interface cross-site request forgery
|zywall-management-csrf (35913)||Medium Risk|
ZyXEL ZyWALL and ZyNOS are vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the management interface. By persuading an authenticated victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, obtain sensitive information, and modify the device configuration.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri Aug 10 2007 - 05:34:49 CDT: Zyxel Zywall 2 multiple vulnerabilities.
- ZyXEL ZyWALL Web site: ZyXEL US.
- BID-25262: ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-4317: Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in the management interface in ZyNOS firmware 3.62(WK.6) on the Zyxel Zywall 2 device allow remote attackers to perform certain actions as administrators, as demonstrated by a request to Forms/General_1 with the (1) sysSystemName and (2) sysDomainName parameters.
- CVE-2007-4318: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Forms/General_1 in the management interface in ZyNOS firmware 3.62(WK.6) on the Zyxel Zywall 2 device allows remote authenticated administrators to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the sysSystemName parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 37670: ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 ZyNOS Forms/General_1 Multiple Parameter CSRF
- OSVDB ID: 38721: ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 ZyNOS Forms/General_1 sysSystemName Parameter XSS
- SA26381: ZyXEL ZyWALL / ZyNOS Cross-Site Request Forgery
- ZyXEL ZyNOS 3.62 (WK.6)
- ZyXEL ZyWALL
Aug 10, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.