EDraw Office Viewer Component officeviewer.ocx ActiveX control file overwrite
|edrawviewer-officeviewer-file-overwrite (36055)||Medium Risk|
The EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX control (officeviewer.ocx) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the HttpDownloadFile() function to overwrite and corrupt arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- EDraw Office Viewer Component Web site: Web Office - Create Office Online Application with Office OCX, Free Download.
- BID-25344: EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX Control Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4420: Absolute path traversal vulnerability in a certain ActiveX control in officeviewer.ocx 22.214.171.124 in EDraw Office Viewer Component 5.1 allows remote attackers to create or overwrite arbitrary files via a full pathname in the second argument to the HttpDownloadFile method, a different vulnerability than CVE-2007-3168 and CVE-2007-3169.
- OSVDB ID: 38415: EDraw Flowchart EDIMAGE.EDImageCtrl ActiveX (EDImage.ocx) HttpDownloadFile() Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- OSVDB ID: 38794: EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX (officeviewer.ocx) HttpDownloadFile Method Traversal Arbitrary File Overwrite
- Office OCX EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX 126.96.36.199
Aug 16, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.