Olate Download environment.php code execution
|olatedownload-environment-code-execution (36087)||Medium Risk|
Olate Download could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the environment.php file. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using malicious script in an eval function call to inject and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Olate Download (3.4.2 or later), available from the SourceForge.net : Olate Download Forum, 2007-08-20 22:20. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Aug 17 2007 - 06:45:25 CDT: Olate Download 3.4.1~environment.php.php~Code Execution.
- Olate Download: Olate - Olate Download - PHP Bug Tracking, PHP Licensing, Bug Tracker, Software Licensing, Developer Tools.
- SourceForge.net : Olate Download Forum, 2007-08-20 22:20 : Olate Download - Critical Security Update.
- BID-25356: Olate Download Environment.PHP Arbitrary Script Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4454: Eval injection vulnerability in environment.php in Olate Download (od) 3.4.1 allows context-dependent attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted version string, as referenced by the (1) PDO::ATTR_SERVER_VERSION or (2) PDO::ATTR_CLIENT_VERSION attribute.
- OSVDB ID: 39713: OlateDownload environment.php Crafted String Arbitrary Code Execution
- Olate Olate Download 3.4.1
Aug 17, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.