eCentrex VOIP Client module ActiveX (uacomx.ocx) buffer overflow
|ecentrex-uacomx-bo (36129)||High Risk|
The eCentrex VOIP Client ActiveX control (uacomx.ocx) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long username argument to the ReInit method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- eCentrex Web site: eCentrex VOIP Client module.
- BID-25383: eCentrex VOIP Client UACOMX.OCX ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4489: Buffer overflow in the IUAComFormX ActiveX control in uacomx.ocx 2.0.1 in the eCentrex VOIP Client module allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long Username argument to the ReInit method.
- OSVDB ID: 37738: eCentrex VOIP Client IUAComFormX ActiveX (uacomx.ocx) ReInit Method Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA26525: eCentrex VOIP Client Component ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- SECTRACK ID: 1018596: eCentrex Web Phone Buffer Overflow in `uacomx.ocx` ActiveX Control Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-2954: eCentrex VOIP Client ActiveX Control ReInit() Command Execution Vulnerability
- Ecentrex Pte eCentrex VOIP Client module 2.0.1
Aug 21, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.