Grandstream SIP Phone SIP message sequence denial of service
|sipphone-sip-dos (36170)||Medium Risk|
Grandstream SIP Phone GXV-3000 running firmware 184.108.40.206 is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by improper handling of the state engine in the SIP stack. By sending sequences of specially-crafted SIP INVITE messages and 183 Session Progress messages, a remote attacker could eavesdrop and obtain sensitive information or cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of the Grandstream SIP Phone (220.127.116.11 or later), available from the Grandstream Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Aug 22 2007 - 08:18:37 CDT: Remote eavesdropping with SIP Phone GXV-3000.
- Grandstream Web site: Grandstream SIP Phone.
- BID-25399: Grandstream GXV-3000 Phone Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4498: The Grandstream SIP Phone GXV-3000 with firmware 18.104.22.168, Loader 22.214.171.124, and Boot 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to force silent call completion, eavesdrop on the phone's local environment, and cause a denial of service (blocked call reception) via a certain SIP INVITE message followed by a certain SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress message.
- OSVDB ID: 40185: Grandstream SIP Phone GXV-3000 Crafted SIP INVITE Message Privilege Escalation
- SA26568: Grandstream GXV3000 Eavesdropping and Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1018598: Gransdstream GXV3000 IP Video Phone Lets Remote Users Eavesdrop on Conversations on Deny Service
- Grandstream Grandstream SIP Phone GXV-3000 188.8.131.52
Aug 22, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.